On the 30th of August, 2016, report had been filed, which stated that a woman attacked her ex-boyfriend in Brisbane in a mental health facility. The victim was taken in by the nurses to provide first aid and the woman was tackled and successfully disarmed. This situation which was skilfully tackled by the nurses is an example of the efficiency of the first aid trainers Brisbane market has today.
What does first aid actually mean
Here is the answer to it. In case of a sudden injury, illness or anything of that sort, the fastest possible assistance that can be given to that person with utmost care is called first aid. The first aid can be a saviour of lives, and it is really important that every individual has at least some knowledge of first aid to be given in common emergency situations. Apart from this, there are people who are thoroughly trained for this purpose, and they are known as first aid trainers Brisbane has, and many institutions help individuals to become successful first aid trainers. The Brisbane First aid trainers are skilled to manage even the trickiest of emergency situations.
Skills required for being a first aider
· The first and foremost step to any first aid skill is to be calm and not panic because if the person supposed to be providing first aid shows visible signs of anxiety, the patient might become more anxious about the situation.
· Brisbane first aid training courses teach individuals about the ABC of first aid, which should be rendered in case of any less serious injury. The ABC basically is the abbreviation for airway, breathing and circulation. The basic point of this skill is to ensure that the airway of the individual in question is clear because choking can be one of the most life-threatening emergencies. Check out apl health care
· The next step taken by first aid trainers Brisbane has followed by the evaluation of the airway is to determine if the individual in question is able to breathe efficiently or not, and to give rescue breathing if required. Finally, assessing the circulation is not carried out in case the patient isn’t breathing. In this case, the first aiders are trained to go for chest compressions. In case of a less serious patient, pulse check is carried out.
· After these steps, if the person starts breathing, the first aid trainers Brisbane has are taught to place the patients in a recovery position in which the patient is supposed to lean over on their sides. The patients are required to be put in this position so that they do not choke on the stomach content that they might regurgitate.
· Also the first aid trainers should have the skill in dealing with common injuries like small cuts, inflammations, etc. as well as grazes, bone injuries, fractures. They should be able to hold up the situation at least until the ambulance arrives.
All in all, first aid does require a lot of skills and patience, and it is not a career path for individuals who do not have the instincts of helping others in distress. For more information, visit at http://aplhealthcare.com.au/contents/en-us/d106_first-aid-trainer-sydney-melbourne-brisbane.html